Set up Outlook automatic replies
This article will help you set up automatic replies for whenever you want to let anyone who sent you messages know that you cannot reply their messages immediately or within a few working days. This feature is very useful when you're away or on vacation and not available to instantly reply to emails.
- From your Outlook inbox, hover mouse over the gear icon in the top right.
- Select Automatic replies.
- Choose Send automatic replies.
- You can set the time period for automatic replies by checking Send replies only during this time period, automatic replies won't work outside this time period.
- Additionally, you can enable 3 options:
- Block my calendar for this period to block any notifications about events by your calendar.
- Automatically decline new invitations for events that occur during this period.
- Decline and cancel my meetings during this period.
- Choose an option
- Send replies only to people in my contact list: only emails from people in your contact list get automatically replied.
- Send automatic replies to anyone who emails me: automatically reply to every emails.
- Create your automatic reply message.
- Click OK at the top when you're done to set up an automatic reply feature.
Now, you can enjoy your vacation without worrying about informing people you're not available to respond.